Saturday, December 27, 2008

Globe 3G: Failure to Connect...

I've been using Smart 3G as my ISP for my notebook PC with my Nokia 6120 classic (as a USB modem) for quite some time now. But their signal is weak at times and if I'm farther inside the house it goes dead completely. Now I've noticed that with a Globe SIM in the fone,the 3G signal is still on so I thought I'd give it a try and then buy their dongle if it does work. However while I could browse on the fone, I couldn't do it on the notebook, swapping the Smart SIM back in and some fiddling makes it work again but with Globe I only get this...


...and so far I'm out of ideas. Though maybe a reinstall of the entire OS would help with the drivers and all, but I'm not yet ready to do that. I'll try and see if their custserv would say.

UPDATE: It's been awhile, but after I bot a Globe Visibility Prepaid 3G dongle, the custserv rep hinted that I should use APN:http.globe.com.ph instead of internet.globe.something. It did work but Globe's signal was pathetic at my location :-( so it's back to Smart.

0 comments: